Sunday, November 7, 2010

Meal Plan for 11/7/2010

I am really excited because I actually stuck to last week's menu plan.  Something about actually putting it in writing gives me accountability. 

So, here's the plan for this week.

Sunday:  Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Paninis with Salad
Monday:  Red Beans and Rice in the slow cooker
Tuesday:  Bean Burgers (from scratch) with Sweet Potato Fries
Wednesday:  Homemade Macaroni and Cheese with Green Beans
Thursday:  Jeremy has a meeting so leftovers or cereal!
Friday:  Homemade Pumpkin Soup and Grilled Cheese
Saturday:  Leftovers or Tuna Melts

As with last week, I built my menu on what I had on hand that needed to be used up.  If you don't count the $20 that I spent on cat litter, my grocery bill for the week was only $40.  That is miraculous for me.  And yes, that's with no coupons or anything.

I'm happy to share recipes.  If any of our meals sound particularly appealing to you, let me know and I will post the recipe (after I give it a trial run, of course).

2 comments:

  1. Yay you! I love the fact that your menus aren't based around meat, as so many recipes these days are. We're not vegetarians, but we try to buy meat responsibly which can be expensive so we try not to buy it very often. I would *LOVE* your red beans and rice in the slow cooker recipe! With having toddler twins I am pretty much married to my slow cooker. :D I have a some killer recipes for Quorn chicken style pieces, but they would work equally as well with tofu or chicken if you're feeling carnivorous. :D I'd be happy to swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the same way! We try to stick to a mainly veg diet, but aren't super strict about it. We don't eat any red meat, but I will do chicken/turkey if I can get organic/free range. My husband goes to Alaska to fish regularly, so we do eat fish. I would be happy to swap recipes. I will post the red beans and rice tomorrow if it turns out (I can't find my usual recipe for the life of me, so I'm gonna wing it). Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete