Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holiday Inspiration Links

Well, my posts have been few and far between lately since I don't have a functional camera.  My husband is being cruel and making me wait until my birthday to actually get it.  Oh well. 

I have been very busy in the Christmas department though.  I have been making many, many throw pillow covers, because yes, I am obsessed with them.  I have made ornaments for my tree and I have been making gifts galore.

Here are some of the tutorials/patterns that I have been working from to get you inspired.

First, if you haven't made a Circle Skirt yet, you MUST.  It is so easy and so flattering.  The only drawback...it does take quite a bit of fabric for an adult skirt.  The circle skirt tutorial is from MADE.  I have made gifts, two for Layla, and one for myself.

A friend of mine shared this pattern from Spool for a bird mobile a few months ago.  When I saw it, my husband said that those would make great Christmas ornaments...and boy was he right.  I enlarged the pattern so that the birds are about 10" long when finished.  I can't wait to show them to you.

And finally, this tutorial for a ruched throw pillow from Delia Creates is just terribly cute.  I had to make one.  It turned out great.  The best part, I made a white one, just like the onle featured and not only will it go with my Christmas decor, but everything else too!

Jeremy's staff is always a hard one for me... I never know what to do.  This year, I am already done.  I can't believe it.  I made them all those rice warmer bags (with lavender oil) - you know, the ones you pop in the microwave and put on sore muscles.  Super easy and pretty inexpensive.  I am also giving them jars of Homemade Taco Seasoning - I got the recipe from $5 Dinners.  I have tried it and it is awesome.  The best part - NO sodium!  I got these great little jars at Hobby Lobby for $1 each!  I will print up a little recipe card and attach it to the jar.  A great gift!

I will post pictures of these lovely crafts on or after December 2nd (my birthday - when I am allowed to have my camera).  I hope, in the meantime, that these tutorials will inspire your Christmas crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment