Thursday, September 16, 2010

Peasant Top Take 2: Success!

I finally achieved making a top for myself that I will actually wear!  This is big news!  I didn't take photos along the way since I wasn't sure if it would work out.  But, since it did...I will re-create it and post a tutorial later.  Here is the finished product:


Maybe charcoal wasn't the best choice for a photo :)

Don't ask me what's up with the pink line on the side.  Definitely time for a new, and better camera!

Anyways, so I sort of combined two tutorials (this one from Prudent Baby and this one from Our Dish) and then of course made some of my own changes.

And notice the little keyhole neckline:


I thought this made the top a lot less frumpy and more playful.  There are many different alterations to the basic pattern that you could make to this top to make it unique - that's what I love about it.  It's also pretty universally flattering.

Ahhhh...success!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You need to post the dimensions you used for the top so I can make one! I love these peasant style knit tops, I will totally make one!

    ReplyDelete