Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eva's First Birthday Cake

Our dear friend's daughter, Eva, is turning 1 today! We are just getting ready to head over to the big party with this cake.

Her Mom gave me some napkins for an idea that were jungle themed and this is what I came up with.

















And here is the other side. Too bad I couldn't get it all in one shot.




















The monkey and giraffe are made out of fondant that I let dry for a little while (not too long) so they would stand up taller than the cake.


And there are no borders...I love it when everything comes together nicely enough to leave off borders...it looks so modern and clean.

As far as inside, it is chocolate cake with a whipped cream cheese filling. Pretty simple and just right for the undeveloped palette of a one year old.

Now, it's time to get to the party!

1 comment: