Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Meal Plan 9/9 - 9/15

This is my first post in about 10 months.  Wow...how did I let that happen?  I guess life just got away from me.  I was inspired to start blogging again after getting the loveliest email from a reader who just completed her version of the Little Bean Circle Quilt.  She was so kind to take time out of her day to thank me for the project and she sent me pictures of her amazing quilt as well (which I will share in a separate post).  So, I am going to start back slow with a meal plan for the week.  Hopefully, tutorials and recipes to come...

Here is what we are eating this week:

Meal #1: Omelets with Avocado and Cheddar with Cucumber and Tomato Salad with homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette (gotta use up all of that produce from the garden!)
Meal #2: Spicy Tofu and Mint Avocado Salad (I baked the tofu sans the bread crumbs and added orange wedges to the salad)
Meal #3:  Slow Cooker Vegetarian Split Pea Soup and 30 Minute Rolls (1/2 whole wheat flour)
Meal #4:  Cauliflower Quinoa Casserole with Grilled Chicken Breasts (I use homemade cream of mushroom soup that I keep in the freezer in ziploc bags)
Meal #5:  Margherita Pizza with tomatoes and basil from the garden and Green Salad

Also, this week, I made 3 large batches of this Classic Roasted Salsa to use up tomatoes, peppers, and onions from the garden.  It's delish!

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment