Monday, January 3, 2011

Where Have I Been...Attempting to Quilt!

I am NOT a quilter.  And I fully blame Garnet Hill for the predicament that I am currently in.  They mail me their catalog...which is full of gorgeous things, of course...and I saw this:

Garnet Hill Johanna Quilt

Now how could I not fall in love, I ask you.  So, many, many months ago, I decided to start making this quilt in all purples and white for Little Bean.  This is for her twin size big girl bed and the plan was to have it done by the time she was in it.  I have failed. 

I thought that the cutting of the circles and the piecing of the quilt was time consuming.  I finished all that last week.  Now I am doing the actual quilting.  Ugh...it is sooo tedious.  I am doing it on my little Brother sewing machine which doesn't help matters, but to pay someone else to do it or to take a course on the long arm quilting machine at the local quilt shop would cost me over $100...and for that price, it's hardly worth making it myself, am I right?

So, I will be posting about the quilt once it is all done.  Although buying one from Pottery Barn Kids sounds like a much better suggestion at the moment.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. I fell in love with the same garnet hill quilt. But I just want someone to buy me one. I wish you luck, and I look forward to seeing it when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your post after googling "garnet hill johanna quilt"....I have been drooling over this quilt for at least 3 years. Did you make it? If so, how did it turn out? I'm not a quilter, but I'm going to attempt it--I'm expecting it to be pricey too. I know I should probably just pay for it, but $300 seems better when you pay $20 here and $20 there for cuts of fabric, not on a credit card to Garnet Hill. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you if you made it. :) Happy New Year! --Kim (krschneider@sbcglobal.net)

    ps haha, I just read your profile ...I love polka dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sent you an email, but I did actually make my version of this quilt and the tutorial is posted here: http://littlebeanworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/01/little-bean-circle-quilt-tutorial-and.html

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete