Sunday, January 30, 2011

Meal Plan 1/30-2/5

I got lazy last week and didn't post my meal plan and links.  Good thing because I tried 4 new recipes, and 3 were a total flop.  Such a bummer when that happens.

This week I am all about comfort food.  Soup, soup, and more soup.  Maybe it's due to the stressful week I had last week or maybe it's the weather, but it is all I want to eat lately.

Meal #1: Father-in-law's Birthday Dinner:  Chicken Stew with Homemade Bread (I'm winging it on this one...wish me luck)
Dessert #1:  Banana, Walnut, and Coconut Cake (will post recipe if this works out as well as I think it will)
Meal #2:  Tuna Melts (a slightly more sophisticated version) and Peas
Meal #3:  Carrot Soup with Cheese Quesadillas
Meal #4:  Roast Chicken with Sweet Potato Souffle and Spinach
Meal #5:  Winter Squash and Black Bean Chili and Cornbread

So, I just realized that I don't have many links to share with you.  If there is a recipe that you would like, please let me know and I will take pics of it and post the recipe.

Have a wonderful and productive week.

3 comments:

  1. I would like the sweet potato souffle recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely menu, like the soup and quesadillas combo.

    We're money saving at the moment and cutting back on meat so spicy bean enchilladas and spinach and ricotta cannelloni are making an appearance on ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...spicy bean enchiladas sound divine! We are also on money saving mode right now. I totally lucked out and bought a bunch of organic chicken (normally $8/lb.) on sale for $2/lb. I froze it and have been using it slowly. Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete