Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Meal Plan and Update 5/8 - 5/14

I have been a bad, bad blogger and seriously neglecting this little hobby.  The sun has finally made an appearance here in the Inland Northwest and I can't seem to bring myself indoors.  Not to mention we have 10 acres of property that need LOTS of attention.  As I have previously mentioned, we built some retaining walls and 3 large raised beds (do you have any idea how much dirt it takes to fill those up?  Yikes!).  We have been planting seeds, herbs, and I got my dahlias in the ground (finally!) yesterday.

So, given the lovely weather...the meal plan for the week completely reflects my laid back attitude.  That, and the number of evening commitments between me and my husband...I am not wanting to spend my time in the kitchen.

Meal #1:  Sauteed Sweet Chicken Breasts with Tomato Chutney (never got to it last week)
Meal #2:  Dinner in the park:  Tuna Salad Sandwiches with Mini Carrots and Strawberries
Meal #3:  Grilled Chicken Sausages with Potato Salad with Celery and Scallions (seriously, the BEST potato salad I have ever had...and it can be out in the heat too!)
Meal #4:  Slow Cooker Bean and Cheese Burrito Casserole with Steamed Corn and Guacamole
Meal #5:  Rotini with Pesto, Goat Cheese, Basil, Grape Tomatoes, Artichoke Hearts, and Yellow Squash (Delish! and so easy)

I hope you are all having a wonderful week and are enjoying similar weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment